Avocado recipes don’t just have to be variations on guacamole.
There are very few people I’ve ever met who don’t like avocados. They’re delectably creamy, not to sweet, incredibly flavorful and completely satisfying – what’s not to love? Not only are avocados delicious, they are also full of vitamins A, E and K, and are considered one of the most nutrient dense foods packed full of essential minerals, B vitamins and dietary fiber. So try them in our top 10 avocado recipes and fall in love with them all over again!
1. Vegan Coconut Avocado Ice Cream with Strawberry-Hibiscus Swirl – Now that’s a mouthful, and a mighty taste one at that. Pictured above, this ice cream is unique, but so totally satisfying for your taste buds, especially on a hot late summer day. Better make enough as it may well disappear quicker than you might expect!
2. Avocado Buckwheat Pancakes – Try this healthy twist on traditional breakfast favorite to start your day off right. The avocados replace extra butter or oil in this recipe, and make for rich yet heart and skin healthy alternative to heavier classic pancakes. The recipe even offers vegan substitutions for all the ingredients.
3. Avocado Lime Soup – This raw avocado recipe is so simple but full of flavor. Served cold, it is the perfect appetizer for a late summer dinner party or barbecue. Serve it with raw crackers or sprouted bread to stick to the raw food theme.
4. Easy Raw Avocado Fries – Next up is another raw avocado recipe that’s perfect as an appetizer, snack or side dish. It’s super easy to make (basically rolling avocado slices in spices and ground flax seed and dehydrating them) but they’re sure to be a hit!
5. Avocado Macadamia Pear Salad – Decadent and almost dangerously delicious, this salad is great to serve as a small appetizer or side dish. Remember to use organic macadamias and seasonal pears such as Barlett’s or Kalle varieties.
6. 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta – Looking for a quick and easy but healthy main dish? You’ve got it right here in this rich and creamy avocado pasta that is completely vegan. Use your favorite quinoa or rice pasta to make it gluten-free!
7. Salmon and Avocado Rice Balls – This recipe offers up a fun take on sushi that is way easier and quicker to make. You can choose to switch up the filling ingredients and play with different ones like tofu, ginger, pickled veggies or tuna.
8. Grilled Avocado Guacamole – No avocado recipe round up would be complete without a guacamole recipe, and we love this grilled version from Treehugger’s Jerry James Stone. That’s right, you actually grill the avocados before blending them with all those other fresh ingredients, and trust us, it makes a heavenly smoky flavor.
9. 5 Ingredient Avocado Fudge Bites – When you’re ready for a little sweet treat, whip up these quick chocolate avocado bites. They’re entirely vegan and perfect for settling little sweet cravings, and are option for a simple dessert with coffee or tea.
10. Avocado Cheesecake with Pistachio Shortbread Crust – Of course we wouldn’t leave you hanging without a decadent and outrageously tantalizing avocado recipe! This one from Avocado Central is the bee’s knees, and will make you realized that avocados and pistachios were actually made to be together..forever…
Image: Pastry Chef Online
More Avocado Recipes on EcoSalon