The warm season is upon us, so let the outdoor living commence!
Whether your home has a deck, porch, patio, backyard, or a balcony, it really doesn’t matter–they all work equally well for outdoor living.
Outdoor living is the art of spending your life outdoors as much as possible. When warm weather strikes who wants to be stuck inside? Outdoor living requires some foresight and planning, though. Just like living inside your home, you also need to make some decisions about how you want to use your outdoor spaces. Maybe you want a chill space for catching up on your relaxing? Or maybe you want a space for entertaining? Or both? Time’s a-wasting, though, so figure it out and get to work on creating the perfect outdoor living space!
Here are some must-do suggestions to mastering the art and science of outdoor living.
Image: Shop Terrain
10 Ways to Rock Outdoor Living Like a Boss
- Outdoor Drink Station – Whether you build it yourself or buy an outdoor bar cart, an outdoor drink station is a must for magical outdoor living. And not just for entertaining, but just for any old lazy Sunday afternoon. Stock it with lemonade or with your favorite sangria, because who wants to have to keep running in the house for a refill?!
- Swing – If you are lucky enough to have a porch, a porch swing is a necessity for some serious outdoor chillaxing. And if you don’t have a porch, try a good old-fashioned tree swing instead!
- Hammock – Whether for one or two, a hammock is the easiest low-key way to relax outside, If you don’t have a tree handy, try a hammock and frame instead.
- Warm Things Up – A chimera is the perfect way to warm up cooler evenings, keep the bugs at bay, and to add a little ambiance to your outdoor evenings.
- Lighten Things Up – String up some lights, make your own mason jar lanterns, or add some outdoor lanterns to light up your nights outdoors.
- Rocking Chairs – Rocking chairs may seem old-fashioned, but there’s not much else that’s better in this world than rocking the day away with a cold beverage in hand.
- Cushions, Table, and Stools, Oh My! – To make any outdoor space more comfortable and versatile, add comfy cushions, stools, and folding tables for when guests arrive.
- Outdoor Curtains – If you have an outdoor space with a roof, consider adding outdoor curtains to help shield you from the sun’s rays, nosy neighbors, and cooler breezes.
- Outdoor Seating – To truly make the outdoors just like home, you must have comfortable seating. Whether you choose sofas, chairs, or lounges, choose outdoor furniture that suits your comfort needs.
- Outdoor Dining – And finally, outdoor living must involve outdoor dining. Pick a dining set that will work for parties as well as work for any night of the week!
Related on EcoSalon
Top Image: Woman Relaxing via Shutterstock