Love the look of cabin decor, but aren’t lucky enough to live in one?
Turn your space into a rustic dream with these simple ways to implement cabin decor in any space.
11 Easy Cabin Decor Ideas
1. Wood Planks on Walls – Whether you live in a 3rd-floor walkup or a single-family home in the burbs, adding wooden plank accent walls can help transform your home into a more rustic space. You can try Stikwood to get the look, which is a peel and stick reclaimed and sustainable wood planking
2. Slab Table – If you live in a rental, one easy way to add the warmth and the rustic beauty of wood without having to mess with the walls is with slab wood furniture. A slab dining table would make quite a cabin-y statement.
3. Hanging Pots and Pans – It seems that one of the hallmarks of a cabin in the woods is the hanging pots and pans in the kitchen. Recreate the look in your kitchen for that authentic feel.
4. Natural History Collections – The next time you go out for a walk bring back some nature back with you to create your own natural history collections. Stones, acorns, leaves, dried flowers, branches are a great way to remember your journey and decorate with nature.
5. Burl Bowls – Want to make your pad look like a cabin? Throw around some burl wood bowls as functional accent pieces.
6. Nature-Inspired Curtains – Simulate the look of nature just outside your window with some nature printed curtains.
7. Woodland Creatures Throw Pillows – Instead of spotting owls, foxes, and deer on a hike in the woods, decorate your living spaces with woodland-themed throw pillows.
8. Pallet Coffee Table – Turn an old pallet into a rustic coffee table with just a little bit of elbow grease. Get inspired to do it with this pretty tutorial.
9. Natural Colors – When trying to recreate the cabin decor look, consider sticking to shades found in the woods. Colors like linen, forest, shell, redwood.
10. Quilts – Intricately sewn and gorgeously patterned quilts are a mainstay in most cozy cabins, use quilts as wall hangings or even throws to get the feel of that coziness in your home.
11. Faux Antlers – Faux antlers are a definite signal of cabin decor and no animals need be harmed in the making!
Related on EcoSalon
Open Floor Cabin Image via Shutterstock