Create your own super easy wall art with these clever wall art ideas and turn your plain walls into stunning works of art instead.
Do-it-yourself doesn’t have to be difficult. That is the beauty of DIY, you can decide just how difficult or how easy the projects undertake are. Some folks look at DIY as a challenge, but if you just want the results without all that challenge, choose simpler projects.
Creating your own wall art creations is an easy way to dip your toe into the DIY decor pool. You can create amazing wall art without a lot of money or time investment. All you need are some clever wall art ideas to get you started, and we’ve got you covered there.
11 Super Easy DIY Wall Art Ideas
- Melted Crayon Art – Turn unused crayons into colorful and unique wax art. Simply hot glue crayons onto a blank canvas and melt with a blow dryer to create the effect.
- DIY Pixel Painting – This project may sound a little more complicated, but you really one need paint, a surface, a ruler, pencil and some math skills to turn any digital photo into a pixelated work of art.
- Temporary Washi Tape Wallpaper – Use Japanese washi tape (brightly colored and patterned masking tape) to create temporary designs on your walls.
- Puffy Heart Wall Art – If you passed kindergarten, then you can create this easy heart wall art. All you need is to be able to cut and glue. Easy peasey.
- Faux Cross Stitch – You can use a projector to make this painted faux cross stitch project a little easier. Use any image that is easy to turn into cross stitch.
- DIY Macrame Hanging – Create a pretty boho chic wall hanging with this easy tutorial.
- Texture Wall Art – Turn thrift store canvases into minimalist texture art pieces with this tutorial.
- Paint Chip Mobile – Turn all those paint chips you’ve collected over the years into a colorful mobile to add some easy art to your walls.
- “Fish Scale” Wall Art – Using little more than poster board and paint, you can create this creative and gorgeous wall art piece.
- Gold Painted Moon – Paint a glowing moon on your wall using an overhead projector and gold paint.
- 3D Paper Wall Art – Create a colorful 3D effect using just rolled up colored paper and chicken wire.
Related on EcoSalon
Top Image: RonandNoy