Need some inspiration for Christmas decorating ideas that are fresh and elegant, but completely simple? Read on.
For those of us who celebrate Christmas, it’s way past time to stop procrastinating and deck those halls with boughs of holly in preparation for all our holiday entertaining functions. Your guests are expecting some festive holiday cheer after all. But what if you are stumped for fresh Christmas decorating ideas that are both simple AND elegant? Don’t worry, we have you covered for all 12 Days of Christmas!
Use these Christmas decorating ideas as inspiration to deck your space with elegant holiday festivity.
12 Simple & Elegant Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Glass Apothecary Jars – Using glass apothecary jars to store everything from Christmas tree bulbs and candy canes to strands of ribbon and pine cones to add an elegant touch.
- Simple Natural Elements – Use nature elements as much as possible because sometimes nature is the simply the most elegant decorating muse of all.
- Simple Window Wreaths – Use pine boughs to make your own simple indoor wreaths. Hang them from every window with elegant ribbon.
- White Birch Wrapped Candles – Use white birch bark to wrap mason jars filled with simple and elegant white candles.
- Bulb Mobile – Use pretty bulbs to create an elegant and colorful mobile by hanging a cluster of bulbs from ribbon. Add some mistletoe for bonus points.
- Banister Decoration – And don’t neglect the stair railings and banisters when decorating with greenery.
- Lighted Hallway – Affix streaming white strand lights from the ceiling for a magical glow this season.
- Glitter – Add spray glitter to pinecones, faux fruit and other other baubles to add some sparkly elegance.
- Crystal Ornaments – Use crystals to decorate a table top tree for a stunning and elegant centerpiece.
- Repurpose Bottles – Repurpose wine bottles as vases to hold holly berry branches for a green and elegant idea.
- Monochromatic Decor – Monochromatic holiday decor can be very elegant.
- White as Snow – And by the same token, keeping everything white can be as stunning as freshly fallen snow.
Related on EcoSalon
Image: Pottery Barn