Effortless room decor ideas to spruce up your home for the holidays.
When you have company coming during the holidays, feelings of excitement and panic simultaneously strike – especially if it’s been a while since you’ve spruced up your humble abode. I mean, if you’ve got family and friends coming who you haven’t seen in a few years and your home looks exactly the same, it’s time to kick things up a notch. Or seven.
The good news is, you can do a lot with a little. There are plenty of room decor ideas that will make your home look completely different without draining your bank account in the process. Best of all, the changes themselves only take minutes at a time.
Here are 14 effortlessly chic room decor ideas to spruce up your home in no time:
- Take all of your accessories out of the room you’re revamping and put them in a box. Use a critical eye and only put the ones back that will have the most impact.
- Focus on the details: Unique picture frames, coasters, mementos, candles – anything that will make your room pop.
- Update your lampshades with ones that are interesting shapes or bold colors.
- Depending on the weather in your area, take a walk and pick up some seasonal accents for your home – pinecones, pebbles, shells – and incorporate them into your room decor ideas.
- Line your windowsills with plants. Paint the pots to coordinate with your room’s color scheme.
- Replace the drawer and cabinet pulls in your kitchen, bathroom and on your furniture with some unique vintage finds.
- Take all of the furniture and accessories out of the room and revamp your space with a clean slate. You never know what room decor ideas will strike as you’re staring at that empty room’s potential.
- Invest in area rugs. They don’t have to be anything fancy – in fact, the more vintage, the better. They’re an inexpensive way to make a bold statement in any room, and they have a knack for making the furniture surrounding them look new again.
- Take all of your paintings and pictures down and move them to different walls – or rooms.
- Paint your front door a cheerful, welcoming color. If you’re an apartment dweller, hanging a festive wreath can be just as warm and inviting.
- Twinkle lights are an inexpensive way to add cozy ambiance to any room, not to mention they’re the perfect way to spread some Christmas cheer.
- Replace your shower curtain and curtain hooks for an instant bathroom refresh.
- Change up your snapshots and showcase them in lively frames to create oodles of conversation-starters once your company arrives.
- You can never go wrong with pillows. They’re one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to add texture and pattern to a room while making it look like an entirely new space.
Which room decor ideas help you prepare for company?
Related on EcoSalon
Image: Ann Mov