Fall is the time for entertaining and that leads to the desire to spruce up your place. Nature’s bounty of colorful leaves, acorns, apples, pinecones, mums, pumpkins and more all lend themselves to being used to create DIY fall decorations.
Like the idea of using the best of nature’s autumn to make your own DIY fall decorations, but not sure where to start? We’ve got some great project ideas to get you inspired.
15 DIY Fall Decorations Using Natural Elements
- Acorn Bark Owls – These fun and adorable bark and acorn cap owls would be fun to make with kids and could be used as DIY fall decorations for your table.
- Acorn Wreaths – If you have an oak in your yard, then you not only have a lot of squirrels but you also have an abundance of acorns. Turn that bounty into a pretty front door wreath.
- Leaf and Nut Wind Catcher – Let your creativity shine with this idea for creating a seasonal mobile/dreamcatcher.
- Glitter Leaves Garland – Glam up your space with this easy tutorial for making a glitter leaf garland. This project calls for artificial leaves, but you could use real ones instead.
- Wood and Burlap Wreath – Turn fall tree pruning into a stunning front door wreath made from log slices and burlap.
- Mini Gourd and Pumpkin Wreath – Love those mini gourds and pumpkins but never know what to do with them, use them to make a colorful wreath.
- Gourd Birdhouses – Whether you use them just for show or actually place them outside for the birds, curved-neck gourds can be turned into gorgeous birdhouses.
- “Mumkin” Pumpkin Planter – We love the idea of a “mumkin”, or a hollowed out pumpkin used as a pretty planter for fall mums.
- Yarn Wrapped Gourds – Yarn addicts, cover gourds in pretty autumn colors.
- Gourd Centerpiece – Turn a library card catalog drawer (or make your own drawer from wood) into a mini gourd centerpiece.
- Floating Acorn Candles – This idea for using acorn caps to make your own floating candles is an example of super clever DIY fall decorations.
- Twig Vase – Cover a repurposed coffee can with twigs for an easy repurposed vase.
- Dip Painted Pine Cone Garland – Dip pine cones into autumn-colored paints to make a seasonal garland.
- Mason Jar Acorn Lanterns – Fill hanging mason jar lanterns with acorns and votive candles for autumnal mood lighting for your next dinner party.
- Apple Candles – Use apples as pretty votive candle holders to add color to your table.
Related on EcoSalon
7 DIY Autumn Wreaths to Celebrate the Season
7 Super Lovely Additions to an Autumn Party: Entertain Beautifully
7 Fall Beauty Trends to Embrace
Top Image: TheGreyWoods