Inspiring quotes for fresh starts and new beginnings.
A new year brings a blank slate, the chance to begin again. But really, every day provides us the opportunity for a fresh start. Here are 20 inspiring quotes intended to do just that.
1. And now let us welcome the new year, full of things that never were. -Rainer Maria Rilke
2. It’s not about ‘what can I accomplish?’ but ‘what do I want to accomplish?’ Paradigm shift. -Brene Brown
3. Whatever you do or dream you can do – begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
4. When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. -Wayne Dyer
5. The beginning is always today. -Mary Wollstonecraft
6. Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning. -Desmond Tutu
7. Begin somewhere; you cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do. -Liz Smith
8. I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. -J. B. Priestly
9. Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
10. Look with favour upon a bold beginning. -Virgil
11. If all you can do is crawl, start crawling. -Rumi
12. Beginning with audacity is a very great part of the art of painting. -Winston Churchill
13. What is not started today is never finished tomorrow. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
14. Life isn’t about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself.
-George Bernard Shaw
15. The beginning is the most important part of the work. -Plato
16. Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect. -Alan Cohen
17. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. -Swami Vivekananda
18.Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it. -William Durant
19. Every moment is a fresh beginning. -T.S. Eliot
20. It is never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot
Related on EcoSalon:
Image: Zach Dischner