Need a little inspiration as the seasons change? How about 21 delicious apple recipes to celebrate the season?
Depending on where you live, you may be able to pick apples as early as mid-July. But most of apple season kicks off in true spirit in September, and brings us into late fall, which means it’s time to get excited about apple picking and cooking up those versatile apple recipes. From cider to pies to salads, the apple can come in many forms, and if you’re in the kitchen, you’re only limited by your own creativity.
As our minds shift from summer to the chillier days of fall, what better way to celebrate the season with 21 different apple recipes?
1. A simple apple galette with a cornmeal crust
2. Put a farmers market bounty to good use and make your own apple chips.
3. Try this rendition on the classic apple pie: vegan apple and oat tartlets.
4. Cabbage, apple and walnut salad.
5. Pair with kale in a creamy soup.
6. Baked apples are one of the easiest desserts you can concoct. Or serve with a little goat cheese as an appetizer.
7. On a colder day, try a warm caramelized apple tart.
8. Combine with quinoa and ginger for a hearty salad.
10. The ultimate snack indulgence? Apple sandwiches with date caramel and almond butter.
11. A vegan, gluten free apple crisp is sure to please any crowd.
12. Paired with smoked mozzarella and farro, here’s a salad that’s hard to beat.
13. Want a really creative way to serve apples? Pair with jalapeno in a fresh apple salsa.
14. If you have dates and walnuts on hand, you can easily make a no-baked crust for this apple tart.
15. With the promise of darker mornings, you need a good A.M. boost; try a ginger apple smoothie with parsley for an extra kick.
16. Perfect with an afternoon cup of tea are these banana apple buckwheat muffins.
17. Apple and fig chutney pairs well with meats or added to sandwiches.
18. Infuse your own batch of apple vanilla bourbon.
19. If you can’t kick your summer BBQ habit, try a grilled rosemary-apple pie.
20. Try a spin on traditional apple sauce, and combine apples with pears.
21. Make a big batch of apple butter and store some for the coming months. Perfect on morning toast or weekend scones.
Related on EcoSalon