We’ve rounded up EcoSalon’s 25 favorite inspirational quotes celebrating the power of women.
1. Behind every successful woman is herself. -Anonymous
2. What would men be without women?
Scarce, sir…mighty scarce. -Mark Twain
3. The woman who follows the crowd will usually go on further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. -Albert Einstein
4. A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me. -Abraham Lincoln
5. The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes. -C. JoyBell C.
6. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, but a beautiful woman with a brain is an absolutely lethal combination. -Prabal Gurung
7. A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform. -Diane Mariechild
8. Men make roads, but it is the women who teach the children how to walk on them. -French Proverb
9. A woman knows by intuition, or instinct, what is best for herself. -Marilyn Monroe
10. The connections between and among women are the most feared, the most problematic, and the most potentially transforming force on the planet. -Adrienne Rich
11. Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece. -Anonymous
12. Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shh’ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy, too wishy washy. blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to be truly affected by things. Whether it’s a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep, feel it all — look around you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love. -Zooey Deschanel
13. To be a powerful woman, you don’t have to be aggressive or forceful. Like a tree, you have to find your roots and then you can bend in the wind. -Angela Farmer
14. Be not ashamed women… You are the gates of the body, and you are the gates of the soul. -Walt Whitman
15. A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition. -Gilbert K. Chesterton
16. I’ve always believe that one woman’s success can only help another woman’s success. -Gloria Vanderbilt
17. I haven’t trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I’ve never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex. -Erma Bombeck
18. Why are women so much more interesting to men than men are to women? -Virginia Woolf
19. After all those years as a woman hearing ‘not thin enough, not pretty enough, not smart enough, not this enough, not that enough,’ almost overnight I woke up one morning and thought, ‘I’m enough.’ -Anna Quindlen
20. If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman. -Margaret Thatcher
21. There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that childbirth is painful, it’s that women are strong. -Laurie Stavoe Harm
22. I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman. -Anais Nin
23. Curve: The loveliest distance between two points. -Mae West
24. Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away. -Barbara De Angelis
25. Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
It’s in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I’m a woman
Also check out more of our favorite EcoSalon quotes:
Want to see more quotes? Go here.
Image: Nationaal Archief