We rounded up some of our favorite quotes to inspire you to live in the present moment.
1. Tomorrow is tomorrow.
Future cares have future cures,
And we must mind today.
2. The beauty of this day doesn’t depend on its lasting forever.
3. Rejoice in the things that are present; all else is beyond thee.
4. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
5. Yesterday is ashes.
Tomorrow is green wood.
Only today does the fire burn brightly.
6. Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.
7. Look not mournfully into the past, it comes not back again. Wisely improve the present, it is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future without fear and with a manly heart.
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
8. I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
9. It is a mistake to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
-Sir Winston Churchill
10. The past, the present and the future are really one: they are today.
-Harriet Beecher Stowe
11. Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.
12. The heart surrenders everything to the moment. The mind judges and holds back.
13. You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land, there is no other life but this.
-Henry David Thoreau
14. If you were conscious, that is to say totally present in the Now,
all negativity would dissolve almost instantly.
It could not survive in your presence.
15. In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time.
-Leonardo da Vinci
16. Remember then: there is only one time that is important– Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power. The most necessary man is he with whom you are, for no man knows whether he will ever have dealings with any one else: and the most important affair is, to do him good, because for that purpose alone was man sent into this life!
17. Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.
18. Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.
19. Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.
20. Forever is composed of nows.
21. History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside.
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Image: Trey Ratcliff