Here are some of our favorite quotes to inspire living intentionally and with peace. What’s your favorite?
1. You cannot control the results, only your actions.
2. The art of living does not consist in preserving and clinging to a particular mood of happiness, but in allowing happiness to change its form without being disappointed by the change, for happiness, like a child, must be allowed to grow up.
- Charles Morgan
3. The world is not to be put in order; the world is order, incarnate. It is for us to harmonize with this order.
4. The object of living is work, experience, happiness.
5. Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
6. I’ve learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
7. No one ever finds life worth living – one has to make it worth living.
8. Living in a constant chase after gain compels people to expend their spirit to the point of exhaustion.
9. Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand-and melting like a snowflake…
10. We cannot live pleasantly without living wisely and nobly and righteously.
11. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’
-Martin Luther King Jr.
12.Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
13. Consciousness is only possible through change; change is only possible through movement.
14. Do everything with a mind that lets go. Do not expect praise or reward.
15. Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
16. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
17. We are never more discontented with others than when we are discontented with ourselves.
-Henri Frederic Arnier
18. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci
19. The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
-Henry David Thoreau
20. The point of life is happiness.
-The Dalai Lama
21. It is better to live in peace than in bitterness and strife.
22. We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
23. Be happy in the moment – that’s enough. Each moment is all we need – not more.
24. Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.
25. Without vision, we perish.
26. The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.
27. You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
28. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
29. Peace is every step.
-Thich Nhat Hahn
30. Let him that would move the world first move himself.
31. Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.
-Saint Francis de Sales
Image: Rising Damp