Men. The lower maintenance gender. Well, maybe. Seems guys like their (or our) skincare, too.
Yes, guys have thicker skin than women. They also grow hair on their faces and tend to produce more oil than women, in general. This means their skincare needs are different than ours, but the key here: they still have needs.
You’ve probably heard of, or even know, guys who dip into their girl’s moisturizer or eye cream. Hey, even if thicker skin and extra oil keeps wrinkles at bay longer, wanting to prevent a line or two is commendable. And you gotta love a fella who takes care of his skin.
The big question is: do guys need their own skincare? Stuff that is formulated just for them, that works on their skin and smells all manly? Sure, they can go that direction, and there are lots of organic lines suited for men’s skin.
But there are also plenty of products that work for both women and men. Choosing products that are unisex means less money spent and more counter space. If you are up for it, here are the best items for sharing.
5 Organic Unisex Skincare Products
1. Cleanser. Men like their regimen to be fast and easy. Swipe and done. That’s why a toner type cleanser is perfect. Suti Peppermint Water Organic Facial Toner makes a great cleanser for your guy’s face and you can use it as a toner for subduing blemishes.
2. Moisturizer. Don’t be fooled by their laidback nature. Men like anti-aging products too. Dr. Alkaitis Day Crème is the perfect choice. It stimulates the skin’s oxygen supply, which promotes luminosity and a youthful glow, is lightly moisturizing, and smells herbal (read: not too girly).
3. Eye cream. Yep, guys use the stuff too. A gel works well for men because it offers the line reducing benefits and light hydration they are going for, without being greasy. For us girls, it is ideal under makeup. Try aloe-based Dr. Alkaitis Eye Crème.
4. Body wash. No need to double up on this bath staple. Indie Lee Lemongrass Citrus Body Wash is a unisex option that is mutually pleasing. The upbeat scent gets you going and astringent properties help keep body acne in check. Skin is clean and fresh.
5. Body moisturizer. My husband once told me that the perfect body moisturizer would be one he could put on quickly, right after showering, while still wet. I knew immediately, men want a body oil. It has to be easy to use, so in a spray. It has to be light. And it has to be non-floral or fruity. Okay, Vitruvi MOVE Face & Body Mist it is. Peppermint, lime, and black pepper scent is fitting for both men and women, and it can be used on the face as well.
*Disclaimer: Help support EcoSalon! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Related on EcoSalon
Image of couple via Shutterstock