The last thing you need on your summer vacay is a complicated makeup routine and backbreaking toiletry bag. Lighten your load and keep it simple, fresh and on-trend with these six go-to natural summer makeup products to stash in your bag.
May the wind be always at your back, the sun shining on your face and your perfectly stocked summer makeup bag weigh less than 50 lbs. Happy summer travels!
1. Play It Safe. You know you need moisturizer and SPF all summer long, so why not keep it simple and opt for a 3-in-1 product that protects skin from damaging UVA and UVB rays, functions as a moisturizer, and a make-up primer? Suntegrity’s Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen and Primer SPF 30 is a top-rated, non-greasy, “chem-free” sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection and is infused with youth promoting antioxidants and a high concentration of uncoated, non-nano zinc oxide to protect the skin and reduce inflammation. Also available in a tinted variety.
2. Bronze It Up. While many of us with paler complexions crave a little summer color, garnering it on the beach or poolside is less than ideal for healthy skin. Achieve the perfect combination of “bronze” and “glow” with Christopher Drummond’s Sol Bronzer, a warm blend of sun kissed color and luminosity. Free of irritating ingredients and vegan friendly, it’s best for fair, light and medium skin tones and even doubles as a subtle eye shadow.
3. Pink Matte Lips. Matte lips in vibrant, punchy pink hues are hot this summer and the perfect way to set off summer’s golden glow. Pull it off in a slightly more subdued shade that runway neon with a two-in-one product like W3LL People’s Universalist #7, a creamy peony that’s flattering for most skin tones. Apply several coats for a solid pink lip and a thin veil over the apples of the cheeks for healthy looking flush. Made using nothing but the best natural & organic ingredients,
4. Lots-O-Lashes. Long, dark, thick lashes may well be your best summer accessory. Use an all natural mascara that lengthens, separates, thickens and leaves lashes super glossy, like 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Mascara. Provides great color thanks to black tea and berry pigments, and it’s gentle enough for even the most sensitive eyes. While there’s no such thing as waterproof in the world of natural mascara, this formula is decently water and smudge resistant.
5. Oil Slick Free. While you want to glow, you do not want to resemble an oil slick. When skin kicks up the oil production during warmer weather, use these handy Beauty Papers by Tatcha to reduce excess shine. Made from Abaca Leaf, a close relative to the banana, they absorb excess oil without disturbing your natural makeup or leaving a film behind for fresh skin all day long. Powder free, fragrance free and pulp free, they’re great for all skin types, especially oily.
6. Grunge or Glow. Pick your look for a little summer evening drama: shimmering upper lids for fresh faced fun or subtly shaded lower lids to rock the latest grunge trend. Choose from Alima Pure’s wide selection of Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow for shimmery lids or Satin Matte Eyeliner in a dark hue for a create a shadow along the lower lashes. Made using nothing but the finest minerals, specially processed to be light, silky and designed to stay on your skin.
top image: in this fleeting moment