5. Goddess Dressing
Salad dressing, as I mentioned in my vinaigrette posting, is something we should all make ourselves. I know a lot of fans of Annie’s Goddess Dressing and when looking for a similar version, I was amazed at the amount of variation from one recipe to the next. The recipe I’ve included below seems like a good take. I also found numerous other Tahini-style dressings. This very simple Tahini-Miso Dressing from Kitchn is one I plan to try.
- 2 Tablespoons plain sesame oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil (not plain sesame oil)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 Tablespoons red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 green onions (white and green parts)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon shoyu or tamari (soy sauce)
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (toast them first if desired)
- 2 sprigs parsley (leaves only)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine everything in a blender or food processor.
2. Taste to adjust flavors, if too thick, add water 1 tbs at a time until it’s the consistency you prefer.
3. Add a tsp more vinegar or soy for a stronger flavor.
4. A tsp more toasted sesame oil will add a “richer” flavor.
5. Store in the fridge in a jar with a tight fitting lid.