Argan oil has been popular in skincare for a while now. But this extraordinary ingredient has been doing good way before QVC and Josie Maran. Find out how best to get amazing argan oil benefits into your life.
You can hardly talk natural skincare without argan oil coming up. It may have become sort of mainstream these past several years, but this nut oil has a long history.
Spied on ingredient listings as argania spinose, argan oil is obtained from the nuts of the argan tree. Grown only in the southwestern region Morocco, women of the area have been using the oil for centuries for its healing properties.
Argan oil holds many beauty benefits and women love the stuff for good reason. It’s a powerful anti-ager, acne fighter, skin rejuvenator, and more. But buyer beware. Not all argan oil products are created equally. And equally here means without toxic ingredients.
You can hop into almost any beauty counter, drugstore, or online beauty shop and pick up a product made with argan oil. To get the most skincare bang for your buck, it is important to purchase high quality, nontoxic products.
Find out which argan oil products are best and how to use them. You’ll be glad you added this beauty to your regimen.
7 Amazing Argan Oil Benefits for Healthy Skin and Hair
1. Anti-aging Hero: More than just another anti-aging ingredient, argan oil is thought of by many organic beauty producers as a super ingredient. Rich in antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamin E, this hero anti-ager is excellent at restoring a youthful appearance to skin. Kahina Giving Beauty 100% Organic Argan Oil is of the highest quality. Use on skin to soften lines, plump, clear, and calm. Try Kahina Giving Beauty Eye Cream to soothe crow’s feet.
2. Non-greasy Moisturizer: Seems most anti-aging products come in oil form. That’s great for dry skin, but what about those with oilier skin looking to treat signs of aging? Argan oil is the answer. This oil works well on all skin types but women with oily skin love it because it does not leave skin greasy or cause breakouts. Highly emollient but absorbs quickly into skin. Suti Honour Coconut & Rose Face Cream offers light hydration and softens skin.
3. Acne Fighter: Argan has natural antibacterial properties, making it an excellent choice for those prone to breakouts. The oil also helps to tone down irritation and inflammation. B Leaf Botanics Banish Blemish Treatment is a potent mix of zit zapping ingredients, but gentle on skin.
4. Lightener and Brightener: This nut oil contains phytosterols which help to brighten the skin and add a natural glow. Studies on the use of argan oil as a treatment for hyperpigmentation disorders of the skin also show promise, and may be beneficial in lightening sun damage and skin discoloration. MUN No. 1 Aknari Brightening Youth Serum combines argan with other healthy natural oils for a bright, supple complexion.
5. Scar Diminisher: That’s right, not only is the oil great for treating lines and wrinkles, many have found it lessens the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Lina Hanson Global Body Serum softens marks and tones skin.
6. Cuticle Repair: We know vitamin E is great for wrangling dry, snaggly cuticles. Add argan oil to your manicure for healthy nails. Kahina Giving Beauty FEZ Hand and Body Balm is perfect on hands, and smells so great you’ll want to use it on the rest of you, too.
7. Hot Oil for Hair: So we know argan has long been used to heal, rejuvenate and support skin. But guess what? This nut oil is a super effective hair treatment too. Warm a small amount of oil in palms and distribute from scalp through ends of hair. Wrap in warm towel and leave for 15 minutes. Shampoo as usual. Hair is soft, shiny, and bouncy.
Didn’t know about all of these useful argan oil benefits? Get in on the goodness of this beauty miracle from nature.
*Disclaimer: Help support EcoSalon! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Related on EcoSalon:
Image of Argan tree via Shutterstock