Searching for front porch ideas that go beyond the ordinary? Look no further.
Whether you plan on chilling in a hammock or grilling up some fun for your and some friends, it’s time to get your porch ready for the season. If you are like most people, the porch is where you huddle while trying to get into the warm house as quickly as possible for most of the year, but summer is the time for your porch to shine. Don’t let your porch down, instead, give it the love it deserves and make the most of the warm weather months.
When considering how to decorate your porch, there are definitely some key marks you want to try and hit. They are: relax, sit, swing, eat, drink, entertain, plants, and lights. Of course, you want to think about how you plan on using your porch and make sure to decorate accordingly. If you don’t plan on entertaining much then you may not worry about including that element in your porch plan.
Wondering just exactly how to decorate your porch? It’s certainly a personal thing, but we would like to offer some inspirational suggestions to get you started on setting up your porch to be the most desirable place in the world (or at least your house) this summer. Read on to get inspired by our picks for decorating your porch.
Front Porch Ideas
Cottage Image via Shutterstock
- Relax – One key component when considering how to decorate your porch is color. One way to add color is with paint. If your porch is bland, or is in need of some tender loving care, give it a once over with some paint. You can also bring worn porch furniture back to life as well. We like Annie Sloan chalk paint for adding some color to both.
Image: Peak Season Store
- Sit – Rocking chairs feel like a must have on the porch to us. If that’s your thing, consider adding a few rockers interspersed with outdoor poufs for the ultimate in porch living.
- Swing – Much like rocking chairs, porch swings seem like a no-brainer when upgrading your porch. This porch bed swing looks like even more of a good idea!
- Eat – Whether grabbing a snack or having a romantic dinner on the porch, a table is a nice addition. You don’t want something that’s going to take up tons of room, though. That’s where a marble accent table comes in handy.
Image: West Elm
- Drink – Whether for a party or a lazy Sunday afternoon, something to stylishly serve the sangria in is a must. Just because you are outdoor living, doesn’t mean you need to rough it.
- Plants – Adding plants and greenery to your porch is a great way to meld the outdoor with the indoor feel of porch living. Consider some funky planters like these sea creatures planters, or something else that suits your taste and serendipity level.
- Lights – Whether you will be throwing a party or just watching the fireflies come out, adding porch lights is making form and function into one. They can add some great atmosphere and allow you to continue enjoying our porch even after the sun goes down.
Related on EcoSalon
Beach Bungalow Image via Shutterstock