Neutral colors don’t have to mean boring home decor.
Whether you rent or own your own home, neutral colors don’t necessarily mean your space can’t make a statement. Neutral decor is a great choice for those who rent and for those who like to have more versatile decor that can easily be updated without having to do a whole redo. Neutrals colors are also very relaxing and can help to create a calming and welcoming environment.
And lest you think that neutral decor is boring, think again. By incorporating texture, pattern, and other interesting design elements, neutral colors can be elevated. Don’t be afraid to add neutral paint, wallpaper, and furniture with personality to your space.
7 Ideas for Making a Statement with Neutral Colors
- Wool Rug – This hand-tufted wool pile rug features yarns that are looped to create subtle yet sophisticated color variations. The neutral hue and abstract botanical print can add interesting texture and lightness to any room.
- Plum & Bow Curtains – These semi-sheer curtains, which are made from cotton, feature an allover palm print in gray. They are perfect to add a bold pattern to your neutral room. Don’t think that neutral means plain!
- Velvet Sofa – In the living room, the sofa is the definite center of the room. The all-over tufting and cast brass legs of this dark gray mid-century cotton and velvet shaped sofa make for a stately and modern upgrade to your neutral living room.
- Paper Basket – Neutral home accessories are also a great way to add some drama to your home. These Uashmama washable paper baskets are handmade in Italy using fiber from responsibly managed forests. The paper feels like leather and holds its form so it can be used over and over again for display and practical use.
- Pearl Wallpaper – If you own instead of rent, wallpaper is fantastic way to add some pattern and texture to your neutral decor. This gorgeous white wallpaper features a stunning contemporary circular design with an additional subtle pinstripe background.
- Wall Art – Add some visual interest with wall art with this weathered branch from the Mojave desert terrain. Texture has been added in the form of multi-neutral colored yarn.
- Tiered Chandelier – Add drama with a neutral chandelier. This Capiz Tiered Chandelier, made from capiz shells—often referred to as “glass oysters” because of their fragile, translucent appearance—are hand cut and arranged in a tiered pattern and will add some neutral loveliness to your space.
Related on EcoSalon
Image: Burke Decor