It’s time for asanas.
September is National Yoga Month–a full month devoted to sharing and celebrating the myriad health benefits of yoga. All month studios and instructors throughout the world come together to share free classes, host events, and educate communities about all aspects of yoga. We’re joining in with our launch of the Yoga Pose of the Week series.
Every Thursday we’ll share a new posture, technique or sequence to support your yoga practice. Whether you are ten years into your body-bending, mind-expanding yogic path or just starting to breathe deeply and twist yourself into a pretzel, your body and mind will love a mid-week break to tune in, ease up and stretch out. Check back every Thursday for your weekly dose of yoga.
Can’t wait until then? Here are six more ways to kick off your National Yoga Month celebration:
- Get inspired by one of these great 50 yoga quotes.
- Spice up your sex life… with yoga of course.
- Find a sustainable outfit. Kick off your yoga practice with these sustainable yoga fashion recommendations.
- Take your practice outdoors. Here are five tips for celebrating sun-filled days by practicing outside.
- Clean your mat. It’s easy to make your own yoga mat cleaner, check out this DIY recipe.
- Listen to music. We have a yoga inspired playlist that’s made just for that purpose.