Treatments, moisturizers, serums, eye products for using while you sleep. Ever wonder if those nighttime skin care products really do any good?
Sleep is more than just down time. It is restorative and essential to good health. We reenergize while we catch our Zs. Sleep supports the immune system, boosts the mood, and even improves our ability to keep off unwanted pounds.
Sleep also helps to keep our skin firm and youthful looking, and gives us that healthy glow we love. Why not put this restful time of day to even better use with healthy nighttime skin care products?
You see many beauty products marketed as nighttime skin care. But what’s so special about them and how do they help our skin while we sleep?
Most nighttime skin care potions are packed with healing oils that do a myriad of good things to skin. Clear pores, depuff, tone, protect, and moisturize. The difference is, you can really layer on the goodness at night and garner the most benefits.
8 Nighttime Skin Care Products You Need to Own
1. Odacite Nighttime Repair Serum: Deliver a hefty dose of wrinkle-fighting antioxidants while you are in dreamland. For dry to normal skin types.
2. Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum: Fight signs of aging and inflammation with this potent cocktail of good for skin oils. A little goes a long way.
3. B Leaf Botanics Nurture Night Treat: This little powerhouse rejuvenates skin and repairs damage overnight. The seabuckthorn oil also means you wake up with a healthy glow.
4. Tammy Fender Spontaneous Recovery Crème: A buttery cream for face designed to soothe irritation and douse the skin in nutrients. Awaken to a naturally radiant complexion.
5. Kahina Giving Beauty Night Cream: You’ve heard all about the beauty benefits of resveratrol, right? Supposed to be the latest in skin support, try it out in this argan oil rich cream.
6. Dr. Alkaitis Night Cream: Looking for something a bit lighter? Hydrate and clear pores with this aloe-based moisturizer.
7. Hurraw Moon Lip Treatment Balm: Don’t forget your smoocher. This soothing balm hydrates lips in a formula that stays put all night long.
8. Metta Skincare Face Balm: The thick, rich substance isn’t only for winter. Think of nighttime as the right time to deliver skin-healing benefits in products you wouldn’t use during the day. A balm can be way too heavy and greasy for daytime use. Apply a layer over your favorite treatment to keep skin hydrated and sort of seal the deal.
Choose what works for you and make it a habit. Now go get your good night’s sleep.
*Disclaimer: Help support EcoSalon! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Related on EcoSalon
20 Foods to Help You Sleep Better
How to Wash Your Face: Are You Doing It All Wrong?
Exfoliate from Head to Toe (Literally) with 4 Natural Scrubs
Image of woman waking up via Shutterstock