Don’t worry. Whether you have leftover embroidery hoops from projects never started or never completed, I won’t judge you. Instead, I will share creative solutions with you for repurposing all those unused embroidery hoops.
At an estate sale years ago, I came across a large lot of embroidery hoops and other embroidery gewgaw. I snapped the lot up, brought it home, and promptly put it in the closet and forget about it. Recently, while closet cleaning, I came across the lot and thought, “Oh geez, what in the world can I do with all these embroidery hoops?” Here are some of the cleverest ideas I came across. I haven’t tried them all yet; I’m still working on the closet, but some of these are on my craft to-do list for certain.
Ideas for Embroidery Hoops
- Front Door Wreath – Decorate your front door with a seasonal wreath made from a large embroidery hoop. Wrap the hoop in yarn and decorate with felt flowers or use two hoops, some cardboard, and fabric to create a double hoop wreath.
- Photo Frame – Use both small and large embroidery hoops as quick and easy to hang photo frames.
- Fabric Gallery Wall – Create a gallery wall by adding fabric to a bunch of embroidery hoops and artfully arranging them on a wall. You can even paint wooden embroidery hoops for a more gallery style effect.
- Mobile Idea 1 – Make a DIY mobile using an embroidery hoop as a frame. Start with the hoop laying on its side. Ideas for mobile decorations are only limited by your imagination. Ideas include making felt feathers, paper flowers, or fabric scraps to hang.
- Mobile Option 2 – Add lace to small hoops and hang those from a larger embroidery hoop for a boho style mobile.
- Hoop Clock – Buy a clock kit from the craft store and turn a hoop into a wall clock. Make several clocks to display several different time zone for extra points!
- Bed Canopy – Use a super large embroidery hoop as a frame for making your own DIY bed canopy.
- Photo Display Mobile – Another mobile idea is to create a photo display mobile using embroidery hoops, wire or fishing line, and mini clothespins.
- Corkboards or Chalkboards – Add cork roll fabric to hoops for instant cork boards to hang wherever you need to leave notes. Or paint canvas fabric with chalkboard paint for a handy chalkboard where you need it. Mix and match hoops with cork and chalkboard paint to create a fun and practical gallery wall.
Related on EcoSalon