Make your own homemade hostess gifts to say “thank you” this holiday season.
Every holiday season you vow to make homemade gifts to gift to friends and family who open up their homes for all those holiday parties, dinners and get-togethers. You realize that because your family and friends hosting these get together means that you don’t have to! And that’s huge. You don’t have to clean your home in preparation, make tons of food, come up with a holiday cocktail to wow guests or clean up a huge mess after everyone leaves. You get to have fun instead. The hosts of all your holiday fun really do deserve a sweet thank you gift for all their trouble, don’t they?
To make your life easier, we have put together a roundup of easy ideas for homemade hostess gifts that you can make ahead of time for the hosts of your holiday parties. They can also double as gifts for all your regular giftees as well. And don’t forget your child’s teachers and coworkers!
9 Homemade Hostess Gifts for the Holiday Season
- Cranberry Lime Infused Vodka – The perfect holiday hostess gift for those adult holiday parties. Crantinis, anyone?
- DIY Terrarium Kit – A clever gift that keeps on giving throughout the year. Gift to a plant lover.
- Teacup Candles – Use vintage thrift store teacups for a twist on homemade candle gifts.
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – It’s actually pretty simple to make your own homemade extract, but it’s also pretty impressive. Don’t forget to gift it in a pretty jar.
- Natural Branch Coasters – Everyone needs coasters and you need creative ways to use those branches you cut off this fall.
- Infused Olive Oils – Make and gift your own lemon, garlic, chili and rosemary infused olive oils and make the day of your foodie friends.
- Pumpkin Spice Bar Soap – Make your own pumpkin spice soap for gifts in under 10 minutes according to this how-to.
- Photo Magnets – Use photos of family and friends to make meaningful photo magnets.
- Homemade Heating Packs – Fill these homemade heating pads with lavender for a thoughtful and great-smelling gift. They can be used to warm sheets on a cold night.
Related on EcoSalon
The Perfect DIY Gift: Mason Jar Photo Candles
Etsy Handmade and Vintage Fashion Holiday Hunt
12 Green Gifts Ideas for the Eco Hostess
Top Image: myofficeaz.com