Weekend rituals to help you prepare for the week ahead.
While work is what helps us keep the lights on, for many of us it is the time between Friday afternoon at 5 pm and Monday morning at 6 am that is what life is all about. The time between our work week is when we can recreate, vacay, and chillax. It is also when we can take part in weekend rituals to both lead a more purposeful life as well as make the work week go more smoothly.
For some, rituals are all about getting out and getting active, and for others the weekend is a time to unwind and de-stress with meditation at home. Whatever the case may be, the key is to regularly implement and practice those weekend rituals that help you make the most of time away from work and to keep from stressing come Sunday night!
Don’t be tempted to catch up on work on the weekend, instead develop weekend rituals that allow you to make the most of your weekend, which will also help you be more productive at work.
7 Weekend Rituals to Add to Your Life
1. Read – Life is busy and many of us feel like we just have no time for reading. However, reading for pleasure is a wonderful way to decompress and to unwind. Even if you can only find time for a half hour on the weekend, add the ritual to your weekend life.
2. Walk in Nature – By the same token, taking the time to bask in some nature is a great way to wash away the hurry and worry of the week. For many, walking in nature is better than meditation.
3. Journal for the Week Ahead – Instead of journaling about what happened last week, journal in preparation of the week ahead. From mapping out the plan for each day of the week to creating affirmations and intentions, start the week on top of things.
4. Batch Cooking and Meal Planning – One great way to set you up for the week ahead is to plan out, shop for and batch cook the meals for lunch and dinner.
5. Manage Screen Time – Take time on the weekend to give yourself a break from screen time. We all spend so much time during the week in front of a screen, it’s important to give your eyes and your psyche a break.
6. Just Add Music – Start a tradition of curating a musical interlude for yourself on Sunday afternoons to which you can complete your afternoon tidying and cooking tasks.
7. Treat Yo’Self – The most important weekend ritual to take part in is to treat yourself. Whether it’s a nice brunch with mimosas on Sunday morning or a deep tissue massage on Saturday afternoon, take the time to do something special for yourself.