DIY flower crowns you can make to adorn yourself with blossoms!
Spring and summer are the seasons of music festival and weddings, both at which it is completely acceptable to adorn yourself with flower crowns. Of course, we think it is pretty much okay to rock a floral crown any time of year you feel so inspired to do so.
To get the floral crown look, you could purchase a fresh version from a floral designer (at great expense to your bank account), buy a dried/faux version online from someplace like Etsy, or make your own from fresh, dried or faux flowers. Making your own is probably the most economical choice, as well as being the more creative option as well.
Making flower crowns isn’t really as complicated as it may sound. First, you must make the decision whether you will use fresh flowers or not. For a wedding, you may desire the ephemeral beauty of fresh blooms, while if you want a floral crown to wear at the festival circuit, a dried or faux flower crown might be the better choice. Make the decision, then purchase and/or pick your blooms. Fresh picked wildflowers are always a great choice–even if they don’t last long.
Supplies Needed to Make Flower Crowns:
- Flowers (dried, fresh or faux), greenery, ribbons, and other additions
- Floral Tape
- Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters
7 DIY Tutorials to Inspire You in Making Your Own DIY Flower Crowns
- How to Make a Floral Crown – This DIY from A Beautiful Mess is for a pretty basic floral crown arrangement.
- Easiest DIY Floral Crown How-to – This tutorial calls for making individual bunches and gathering them up with flexible twine wire.
- Woven Wildflower Crown – This project is perfect to make while out a field of wildflowers. Your crown will wilt, but so will that field of blossoms soon enough.
- Silk Flower Crown – This project calls for silk flowers and a glue gun and makes a much more permanent accessory that can be worn again and again.
- Ribbon Tied Crown – The addition of ribbon ties adds some elegance to this project.
- Fern Crown – Not every crown needs flowers. Consider making an elegant fern crown instead.
- Frida Kahlo Inspired Crown – This isn’t a crown as much as it is individual blooms pinned in with bobby pins, but it is beautiful just the same.
Related on EcoSalon
Floral crown image via Shutterstock