Feeling blue? Take a few hours and indulge in some comedy therapy. The following streaming TV comedies are available to stream and will help get you out of your funk by the third episode.
Streaming on Netflix
1. “Parks and Recreation”: “Parks and Rec” is probably my favorite network comedy. I’m a huge fan of Amy Poehler and her incredibly earnest character, Leslie Knope. The cast of characters in this small town political comedy show is top notch, and every season is just as good, or better than the last. This is one of those shows that you can pick up at the very beginning because it was great from the get go. Sit back, relax and get ready to laugh. Free with a subscription.
2. “The Andy Griffith Show”: While this show is a blast from the past (it first aired in 1960!), it’s still as funny today as it was then. While the first season takes a while to get rolling, the laughs and life lessons are worth watching up until season six. Free streaming with a subscription.
Streaming on Amazon Prime
3. “Chappelle’s Show”: Oh, Dave Chappelle. How I love thee. This classic show’s three seasons are all worth watching. This man’s brand of comedy is biting and smart, and fun to watch over and over again. All season are streaming for free with an Amazon Prime account.
4. “Frasier”: Travel back to the early ’90s and watch the first season of this popular show about a psychiatrist and his friends. When I recently revisited this show it was much funnier than I remembered. And since the shows are only 20-ish minutes sans commercials, you can speed through the season. Free streaming with Amazon Prime.
Streaming on Vudu
5. “Girls”: If you don’t have an HBO subscription (or aren’t using your buddy’s HBOGo login) and you want to see what “Girls” is all about, now’s your time. Step into the incredibly awkward lives of a handful of millennials for the price of $18.99 (for the whole season, to buy).
Streaming on Hulu
6. “The Mindy Project”: Enter my second favorite network show leading a funny woman. “The Mindy Project” follows Mindy, a doctor who has a bit of an ego issue. Her adventures in the dating and work world are pretty hilarious, albeit a little awkward. Stream a few issues for free, or subscribe to Hulu Plus for the current season the day after it airs.
Related on EcoSalon