Do you know how to use white eyeliner? It’s a summer must. Here’s the scoop.
Summer is a great time to break out of beauty ruts. One common rut (albeit a pretty great rut) is black eyeliner. There’s nothing wrong with black eyeliner – we love it. But why not try something a bit different? Say, white eyeliner. Now, before you scoff at the idea, take a gander at the below “how to” we gleaned from the lovely, beauty mavens at ModCloth.
First, you may be thinking, “why white eyeliner?” Well, it’s fresh and light, and will compliment most any summer frock you don.
So, what other items do you need to pull off this super easy summer look? Just some classic black mascara (and some white eyeliner, or course). Here’s how to use white eyeliner for a super sassy summery look.
1. Start with one coat of mascara.
2. With the white eyeliner: Draw a thin line along the lash line. Start from the middle to the outer corner. Next, draw a line from the inner corner to the middle, and connect.
3. To make the “flick” of the eyeliner: Make a 45-degree angle from the outer corner, upward, and make a triangle that connects the tip of the flick to the liner along your lash line. Color in the triangle and fix mistakes with a Q-tip dipped in makeup remover.
4. Lastly, apply another coat of mascara. You’ll be turning heads in no time!
Don’t know where to find white eyeliner? No sweat. Here are some great places to fine some:
This product is made in America with natural, vegan, organic, kosher, and botanical ingredients. This formula is waxless and free of artificial preservatives.
This product is made with essential oils and plant-based ingredients.
Benecos smooth eyeliner pencil is gentle on sensitive eyes. This product contains certified organic ingredients.
4. Stila Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, $20, recommended by the ModCloth blog.
Related on EcoSalon