The new season of Mad Men has us jonesing for graphic prints, mid-century furniture, and other Sixties-inspired styles. Numerous designers are riffing on that theme, creating pieces that exude a Mad-Men-meets-modern-day vibe. Here’s how we’d style a Mad Men-inspired living room.
1. Rennie Sofa from Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams (price not listed, pictured above)
So sleek, so sexy, so versatile. We love the grid-tufted back and the hardwood frame. We can totally picture one of Don Draper’s secretaries perched demurely on this couch, but it also feels modern enough for today’s urban loft.
2. Fresca Area Rug from inmod.com (starts at $89)
As Mad Men enters the mid-Sixties, we’re seeing more bold graphic prints and fewer staid, conservative pieces. This hand-tufted wool rug is the perfect expression of that more aesthetic. Plus, its colors complement the couch.
3. Ace Trading-midea Fans FT30-U2B Table Retro Fan in Chrome from Amazon ($39.69)
Although residential AC units became increasingly common in the 1950s, offices and homes still used table fans for a more direct breeze. This fan lends a certain retro chic to your space and lets you stay cool sans AC.
4. Brave Space – Stagger Server from Bravespace ($2,540-2,640)
Modular, asymmetrical cabinets exude modernity. We love how you can customize this piece with closed storage where you need it. The organic herbal oil finish adds an intriguing texture.
5. Inhabit Estrella Plinko Pillow in Cornflower from AllModern.com ($60-68)
A delightful graphic print on recycled polyester gives this pillow its groovy style. The colors feel modern, but not too feminine.
What do you think? Which piece(s) jumps out at you?