The long, warm days of summer most likely have you craving smooth skin as you wear fewer clothes, indulge in languorous afternoons in the sun and frolick in the water at every opportunity. All that heat, sun and water may feel fantastic in the moment but your skin may react in a less than pleasing manner, leaving you a little rough around the edges. Treat skin suffering from over exposure to a little TLC with these top 5 picks to sooth, smooth, and hydrate.
Get all the relief you need and the smooth skin you want by reducing redness, smoothing rough patches, soothing sunburns & eliminating rashes with these 5 skin savers.
1. Bumps be gone. ‘Tis the season for LOTS of shaving and frankly, who isn’t tired of razor burn, nicks and ingrown hairs? We all want a simple solution short of laser hair removal, especially for those extra sensitive underarm and bikini areas. The special blend of oils in Bikini Soft Smooth Shave Oil coats the epidermis and hair follicles, allowing the razor to glide over the skin for a tight, close shave. Say goodbye to razor burn and hello to smoother skin for all that summer lovin’.
2. Quench parched skin. When skin feels tight, hot and dry after too much sun, wind or water, reach for something to soothe. Astara Skincare’s Golden Flame Hydration Mask fits the bill. Packed with Sodium PCA and Hyaluronic Acid to attract and bind moisture to the skin for nearly instant plumping, the mask simultaneously calms skin and reduces inflammation thanks to cucumber, aloe, chamomile, comfrey and calendula extracts. It’s a no brainer to avoid the raisin look post beach day, or to prep for a hot date.
3. Soften up. Soften rough patches with something rich and emollient like Hollybeth Organics’ Lemon Lime Shea Butter Cream. Ideal for dry knees, elbows, feet and hands, it also works like a charm for softening beach-weathered hair to help avoid scarecrow locks. Bonus! Shea butter provides some natural sun protection (but don’t skip the sunscreen) and pesky summer mosquitoes are less than fond of citrusy scents.
4. Healing from the sea. All that fun in the sun can leave sweaty and grimy, and underneath that layer of scum, your skin may be less than thrilled. Get clean while soothing dry, flaking, irritated skin with a nourishing, healing body wash like this Wildly Natural Seaweed Body Wash by Seaweed Bath Co. This gentle wash combines naturally healing seaweed with nourishing including kukui and neem oils, to soothe and moisturize summer skin. It’s like a mini spa treatment with every shower.
5. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. If you do nothing else for your facial skin this summer, at least give it plenty of moisture to compensate for all that’s lost to the elements. Precious Drops Super Hydrating Serum by Pure + Remedy firms, tones and evens out texture for fresher, younger looking skins that’s plump and well hydrated. This hyaluronic acid rich formula binds moisture to the skin, while horsetail extract helps heal broken capillaries, MSM reduces inflammation and green tea reduces helps to minimize sun damage. This is your go to serum for every skin type, every day, all summer long.
Enjoy the dog days of summer, just don’t make your skin pay the price.
Discover & try healthy beauty & natural wellness products with Goodebox.