Step out in our pick of this spring season’s most stylish sustainable shoes.
We may still be in the midst of winter, but dreaming of a new pair of shoes perfect for warmer temperatures is guaranteed to put a little spring in your step. From black and white and a feminine approach to minimalism to punchy brights, radiant red and a playful new take on geometry – Spring 2013 fashion is loaded with feel-good features.
So shake off the winter gloom and take a look at our top 10 best shoes for spring that are vegan or otherwise sustainably made.
1. Coclico’s Oedo shoe is made from vegetable-tanned leather, ethically created by artisans in Spain. With a heel that is simple and modern and leather straps that reflect Spring’s 2013’s taste for impeccable, clean lines, the Parma Nude color is the perfect foil the season’s punchy primary colored trends.
Image: Elizabeth Katzman
3. With designers showing both midi and micro-mini lengths, the question is what to wear with Spring’s skirts? Elizabeth Katzman‘s cruelty-free Billy Faux Leather Brown Booties provide a great anchor to a feminine hemline.
5. The Melissa Jean + Jason Wu flat in red is sustainably crafted in Brazil from MELFLEX, a technologically-engineered injected thermoplastic, the cut out style mimic the geometric prints seen on the designer’s runways for Spring.
6. ECCO’s Owando Bow Ballerina in metallic silver is constructed for comfort with bow detailing that echoes the delicate lingerie tones of the season’s satin evening wear.
7. Osborn‘s handmade shoes are created by artisans in Guatemala from recycled and natural materials. The Soko Oxford features an exclusive print on linen fabric that dresses up even the most casual of outfits.
Image: Olsen Haus
Image: Cri de Coeur
10. A subtler take on the enduring sportswear trend, Rachel Comey’s contrasting leather slip on Corvus Sneaker features a short 1″ platform with metallic leather tongue.
Top image: Tumblr