New York Fashion Week is one of the major fashion events of the year, and the city hasn’t disappointed thanks to fabulous venues (like the new NYFW host, Lincoln Center) as well as beautiful and stylish people jetting from show to show. Outside Catherine Malandrino, I was street shooting alongside the likes of Bill Cunningham (fashion columnist for the New York Times). One trend that came up again and again is the working girl layered look of blouses tucked into skirts, balanced by big bags and grounding booties.
So, how does an eco-fashionista get this trend setting look? Check off the pieces from our list below and build your own look!
– Blouse: Josh Podoll. This blouse is a classic with designer details at the sleeve to set it apart!
– Skirt: Bibico. Tiered layers add interest and a feminine touch.
– Jacket: Feral Childe. Print on print is still a hot trend to try. Create contrast with a print jacket and bottom.
– Open-toed Booties: Olsen Haus. Vegan booties with a stacked wooden heel- one word, divine!
– Bag: Matt & Nat. Neutral colors are key for fall with a practical air in size as well.
Finish off the look with hair tied in a messy ballerina bun on top of the head and a swipe of bright pink lipstick!