ColumnKeep your face protected from the rays in one of these stylish and sun-blocking summer hats.
Summer weekends in the park, on the beach and out with friends and family are wonderful ways to spend your time this season. But don’t let the rays rub you the wrong way, so make sure to protect your face from the UV rays and their subsequent consequences. Choose one of our 10 gorgeous hats for summer and rock it right this weekend!
1. Straw Weave Raffia Panama by Free People This chic but simple hat from Free People is the perfect accessory for nearly any casual, summer outfit. Pair it with your favorite sundress, a pair of breezy, summertime slacks, or don it with your bikini on your next yachting trip. Choose from a natural or brown color made from woven raffia, detailed with a faux suede ribbon – totally vegan and cruelty free. Perfect for your next vacation! $38
2. Embroidered Wheel Floppy Hat by Jonathan Adler
This floppy hat embodies the essence of chic, nautical summertime style! We love the contrast between the simplicity of the design, and the intricate colored stitching and navy blue sailboat wheel detail. Knowing that it was designed by one of America’s most conscious designers will make you feel just as good about wearing it as you how amazing you look in it. A definite poolside of beach accessory, this hat also doubles as the ideal way to top off a striped dress or high-waist shorts and striped tank or tee ensemble. $88
3. Studded Baseball Cap by San Diego Hat Company
Style it up in this super stylish baseball cap from one of our favorite Made in the USA brands: San Diego Hat Company. Made from cotton, this baseball cap is as breathable as it is chic, and is sure to turn heads whether you wear it on your next shopping spree or game date at the stadium. We love the edginess that the studs add, while the simple black color makes it the perfect accessory for so many of this summer’s trendiest looks, like our favorite crop tops! $48
4. Silverton Leather Rancher by Minnetonka
This hat from US born and bred, family owned company Minnetonka, is way to cool for school, and will let your wardrobe take a walk on the wild side. The tassels, fringing, frayed and distressed denim trends from Summer 2014’s runways are the perfect match for this wild west hat, which is available in rust brown or deep black. Cowgirl boots or edgy ankle boots are a must, unless you’re ready to rock it barefoot in one of the sexiest bikinis from this summer’s beach babe lineup. $50
5. Keb Trekking Cap by Fjallraven If you’re looking for something more practical to take you through a strenuous woodland hike or keep your face protected during a long day out in the sun, the Keb Trekking Cap is just the ticket. Designed for maximum comfort and made to feel like you’re really not wearing anything on your head, this protective cap is simple, easy to wear and super breathable. What’s more, Fjallraven is committed to sustainable manufacturing and the use of responsibly sourced, recycled and natural materials. $36
Shop and check out all of the summer hats here:
Related on EcoSalon