Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for… nice cream? So-called “nice” cream is just that – nice to your body, nice to your taste buds, and nice to your sweet tooth soul. The following 3 recipes will inspire your palate all year long.
The beauty of nice cream is that as long as you have some frozen bananas on hand and a high-speed blender or food processor, you are but mere seconds away from a delicious dish. The banana is unique in that it offers a creamy, decadent consistency and naturally sweet flavor without the dairy, eggs, or sugar. Meanwhile, it is able to mask the otherwise not-so-yummy add-ins that you know do your body well, such as wheatgrass, spirulina, chlorella, aloe, green leaf vegetables, and other powders, elixirs, and vegetables. I, for one, can’t imagine eating a salad for breakfast, but by blending greens into a banana-based cream, I don’t even realize I’m getting the high-alkaline roughage into my system. It’s a win-win situation that will work just as well on your kids as it will on you.
The following nice cream recipes give you a high dose of nutrition through fruits, vegetables, unique superfoods and come together to create an absolutely breakfast meal! Enjoy!
1. Chlorella, Cacao and Mint Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan milk (almond, coconut, rice, etc.)
- ¼ fresh avocado
- 2-3 drops of peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon chlorella powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
Toss the ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and thick. Serve with a garnish of more cacao nibs.
2. Probiotic Matcha Nice Cream
- 1 ripe frozen banana, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup vegan milk (almond, coconut, rice, etc.)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 pitted date
- ½ teaspoon probiotic powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen mango, peeled and chopped
Throw all of the ingredients into a blender and mix on the highest speed for 30-60 seconds, or until evenly combined and the mixture is thick. Add more vegan milk if you are looking for a thinner consistency.
3. Kale Nice Cream
- 3-4 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped
- 3 large kale leaves, stemmed
- ½-inch nob fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 3 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 cup water
Throw all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Related on EcoSalon
Green Ice Cream Image from Shutterstock