This cold pasta salad recipe is a lighter, more seasonally-apropos take on comfort food that the whole family will love.
Pasta dishes tend to fall under the category of indulgences, but they don’t have to. In fact, they can be as carefree as your next salad. All you need is cooked pasta and the rest is a matter of chopping and tossing.
This cold pasta salad recipe is a foundation for your experimentation. Add in other raw vegetables, herbs or even beans, tuna, or mozzarella cheese, and make it truly your own unique creation. Enjoy!
Summer Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
- 4 servings of cooked pasta (alfredo, farfalle or rotini), cooled
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and pieced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Boil water in a pot and add the halved green beans. Let boil for 1 minute and then drain and place immediately in an ice bath to cool down and retain the vibrant green color.
In a large bowl, add the pasta, onion, red bell pepper, parsley and tomatoes. Drain the green beans and add them as well. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and pour the dressing over the pasta. Fold the pasta until all of the ingredients are evenly mixed and coated with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and fold once more. Store in the fridge overnight or at least for a few hours to let the flavors absorb into the cold pasta and become more fragrant.
Related on EcoSalon:
Cold pasta salad from Shutterstock