Just what are the essentials for work bags that make the cut?
No matter your line of work, it is a given that you need a good work bag. A work bag must be many things– a utilitarian workhorse, a chic bag that works just as well after hours, a handy place to stow your lunch, a tech bag, and your workaday purse for the essentials you may need. And it has to be sturdy, super cool, works with all possible outfits, and, of course, it should also be the most excellent accessory around. Roundly, the right bag can make your day, while the wrong bag can set you up for a disaster. No pressure, but you better get it right.
The essential work bag must combine form and function into one. It must be comfortable to wear–no digging into your shoulders. You need this bag to go with everything because you’re not going to be swapping things in and out of different bags to coordinate with what you’re wearing that day. The straps also need to be long enough–no handheld work bags thank you.
Of course, you are probably looking for a more sustainable choice in your work bag as well. Whether something made from sustainably sourced canvas, made with repurposed leather, or built to last forever, you want a more environmentally aware choice. We get it. You want your work bag to be essentially your everything.
5 Sustainable Work Bags to Inspire
1. Felt and Leather Tote – This bag is made from upcycled materials by Looptworks, a company that has pioneered an environmentally friendly approach to product design and production. The mix of a bold design in grey and black is a slam duck in the style department, too.
2. The Carrier – Made of durable waxed canvas, this bag from Moop is a workhorse. The clean lines and utilitarian function of this large tote style bag make it both versatile and stylish. Available in three different colorways.
3. Knitla – The Matt & Nat brand is committed to not using leather or any other animal-based materials in their vegan designs. This satchel style bag, which is available in seven neutral colors, can be carried by the handle drops or with a removable crossbody strap.
4. Manhattan Tote – Timbuk2 bags are designed to last a lifetime. The bags are made with materials that are tough enough for whatever life throws at you, and they even offer a lifetime warranty for defects or tragic fails. Can’t beat that. This tote is made from waxed canvas with leather accents.
5. Avery Tote – Go Forth Goods strives to make timeless, functional bags that are made to last. The company has a commitment to hand making high-quality American-made leather goods with simple designs and practical functionality. We are smitten.
Related on EcoSalon
Commuting Woman on Bike Image via Shutterstock