Beauty means many different things to many different people – it is truly in the eye of the beholder. However, it seems we all listen a bit more closely to what celebrities have to say about the matter, down to the most detailed of makeup, skincare and hair tips.
And, there’s no denying, it’s all for good reason. Celebrities depend on their looks for fame, money and notoriety, and with that comes a huge knowledge base concerning the best hair, makeup and skin tips, products and therapies. Here are 15 quotes, suggestions and other heresay from our most beloved celebrities about their prized skincare, makeup and hair tips.
1. Crème de la Mer has long been touted by celebrities as the crème de la crème of, well, la mer of beauty products. It has a cult following, including Christina Applegate, Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez and Marcia Cross. Two ounces will cost you a whopping $295, but it may just be worth the investment.
2. Tata Harper’s Hydrating Floral Essence will cost you $65 for 4.1 fluid ounces, and an aroma reminiscent of a bouquet of the freshest, purest flowers will follow you all day long. Jessica Alba labels this
4. “If my skin is dull or I have red spots before a big event, I sweep raw lemon over it, to make it brighter. It stings a bit, but it’s not at all harming. It’s my favorite thing.” – Scarlet Johansson, Marie Claire.
5. “I just use natural grape seed oil from the grocery store on my face as a moisturizer. After the shower, I pat it on, and then I’ll use it throughout the day and at night. I pretty much smell like grape all the time.” – Emma Stone, Style.com
1. “The only brand of makeup I use these days is 100% Pure. It’s been around for years. The brand makes every single product you can imagine, and they are all legitimately 100 percent pure. But if we’re doing a photo shoot and we need something colorful, I’ll use Tarte. It’s the most mainstream brand I’ve found that still takes that extra step in the right direction.” – Shailene Woodley, Natural Health
2. Kate Hudson revealed to Daily Makeover that she takes the painful route, dunking her face in an ice bath to give a boost to her glow.
3. “I apply two to three coats of mascara. To finish off my look I apply lip balm if I want a more natural look, or a tint or lipstick in a shade of red if I want to make more of a statement – the red also brightens my complexion instantly. If I need a little more coverage I sparingly use RMS concealer where required.” – Miranda Kerr, Kora Organics
4. “I wear a lot more glitter around the holidays so I’m always wearing different glitter nail polish or fun metallic eye shadow. It’s the holidays—everything is more twinkly and celebratory.” – Blake Lively, Harper’s Bazaar
1. “Hair-wise, I love using coconut oil as a treatment and apple cider vinegar for shininess—you put on a little bit in the shower as a rinse, and then wash it out. It stinks a little, but then you use conditioner and the smell goes away.” – Miranda Kerr, Into the Gloss
2. “Once a year, we all still get together and put mayonnaise in our hair for old times’ sake.” – Zoe Saldana, Refinery 29
3. “I use shampoo and conditioner from Living Libations. It’s an amazing company based out of Canada. I also use their Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever to wash my face, and I like the Lavender Poetic Pits underarm essential oil blend.” – Shailene Woodley, Natural Health
4. “At the moment I prefer a low braid or a high topknot, as they both require little time and effort but still look feminine and polished.” – Miranda Kerr, Kora Organics
5. “My hair is always better in California than it is in New York, so I got a big water jug and I filled it with ocean, which is probably a really bad idea, but I would put it on my hair, and, actually, it worked. It’s salt and it’s water and it makes your hair a little crunchier and holds it a little better.” – Blake Lively, Style.com
Related on EcoSalon
Photo Credit: Shavar Ross.com