A collection of great quotes to inspire you to give.
We call this the season of giving, but often we’re so focused on the giving of presents that we forget what giving truly means. To bring us back to that meaning, here is a selection of great quotes all about giving and kindness.
1. It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving. -Mother Teresa
2. No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. -Charles Dickens
3. You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving. -Amy Carmichael
4. You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. -Kahlil Gibran
5. Give naught, get same. Give much get same. -Malcolm Forbes
6. You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them. –Carlos Ruiz Zafón
8. As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way. -Mary Anne Radmacher
9. Everybody can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. The place to improve the world is first in one’s own heart and head and hands. -Robert M. Pirsig
11. Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness. -Seneca
12. Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting. -Elizabeth Bibesco
13. We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. -Winston Churchill
14. They who give have all things; they who withhold have nothing. -Hindu Proverb
15. When you give yourself, you receive more than you give. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
16. Where there’s no gardener, there’s no garden. -Stephen Covey
17. No one has ever become poor by giving. -Anne Frank
18. I resolved to stop accumulating and begin the infinitely more serious task of wise distribution. -Andrew Carnegie
19. That which you cannot give away, you do not possess. It possesses you. -Ivern Ball
20. If you want one year of prosperity, grow grain.
If you want ten years of prosperity, grow trees.
If you want one hundred years of prosperity, grow people.
Related on EcoSalon
Image: A. Pagliaricci