Venture into the world of industrial farmhouse decor with these tips and inspiration.
Juxtaposition in decorating is fun. Combining different, yet somehow complementary styles, is the oldest trick in the decorating book. One such example is industrial farmhouse decor.
The industrial farmhouse style combines the rustic, country chic of old farmhouses with the sleek, functional and clean lines of modern industrial design. Farmhouse decor is all warm wood and practicality and industrial design is all about clean lines and functionality–fuse the two and you get warm, uncluttered and inviting interiors with an emphasis on using the space in a smart way. It seems like a match made in heaven.
In industrial farmhouse decor, one might combine sleek stainless steel appliances with an old farmhouse table and bench seating with feedsack pillows. Another alternative would be to add industrial pendant lighting to the living room that already features a sleek, modern sofa with a repurposed milk crate coffee table.
Need more inspiration to get your imagination thinking about industrial farmhouse decor? Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
7 Ways to Add Industrial Farmhouse Decor to Your Home
- Vintage Wire Baskets – Combine the sleekness of galvanized steel with functionality with vintage wire baskets. Use them to store toiletries in the bathroom, tea towels in the kitchen or magazines and newspapers in the living room to add industrial farmhouse decor touches throughout your home.
- Industrial Farmhouse Bar – Need a new kitchen table? Consider a gorgeous option like this handcrafted industrial farmhouse bar available on CustomMade.
- Pipe Side Table – Add some utilitarian chic with this versatile table made from pipes. It can be used as a side table or a laptop stand. A nod to the industrial, our Pipe Side Table perfectly fuses hardworking functionality with approachable design. Thanks to its versatility, it looks just as at home in a modern loft as it does in an artist’s studio.
- Farmhouse Table – A farmhouse style table is a must in industrial farmhouse decor. This 20th-century French antique version is made with a sturdy pine base and warm walnut tabletop and offers some inspiration as most of us cannot afford the $4,000+ price tag!
- Classroom Chairs – Functional classroom style chairs would work perfectly with a farmhouse style table to create an industrial farmhouse dining room.
- Antique Style Pine Bed – Combine this pine bed with industrial lighting to complete your industrial farmhouse decorated bedroom.
- Industrial Pendant Lamp – Adding industrial-style lighting is an easy way to add industrial farmhouse decor to your home.
Related on EcoSalon
Top Image: WestElm