Everyone loves to relive the 1980s. Whether you relive the ’80s by wearing a hair band t-shirt you snagged from a garage sale, or by donning a scrunchie to the gym, it’s fun to turn back the clock every so often. This week, relive the neon-clad decade by watching some of the best ’80s movies now available online.
Streaming on Netflix
1. “Heathers”: This strange coming-of-age ‘80s flick was released in 1989. It follows Veronica, a high school popular girl, as she tries to break the hold the other popular girls have on her high school. After she meets J.D., a wacky new dude, trouble ensues, but Veronica ends up saving the day, and finding herself, too. Streaming for free with a subscription.
2. “Clue The Movie”: This slapstick film is a cult classic. It follows how six dinner guests react to discovering that their dinner host (who was blackmailing all of them) is dead. For an extra bit of fun, I’d break out the classic board game and play a few rounds with a buddy while watching the goofiness play out.
Streaming on Vudu
3. “Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark”: This is my favorite installment in the Jones’ series. In the first film of the series, we meet Dr. Jones as he scrambles to save his lady, and the Lost Ark, from the hands of the Nazis. Rent this classic (or any of the other classic movies from the series) for as low as $2.99.
Streaming on Amazon
4. “Labyrinth”: I’m a sucker for anything starring David Bowie, so this is one of my picks for best ’80s movies. This film follows a young girl who enters a strange, new world filled with crazy creatures and the menacing Goblin King. Her task: To save the baby the King is holding captive. While traversing the wild landscape, she learns important life lessons. Streaming for as low as $2.99.
5. “The Goonies”: If you grew up in the ’80s, you’ll surely remember how much you loved this film. It follows a group of totally normal kids as they try and find a secret treasure. Streaming for as low as $2.99.
Streaming on Hulu
6. “Ghostbusters”: Three spirit exterminators take to New York city to rid the metropolis of creepy, crawly ghost invaders. This classic stars Sigourney Weaver, Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray – the acting trio of ’80s radness. Streaming for free on Hulu Plus.
Related on EcoSalon