When a new crop of shoes comes out, I start blubbering.
The Naya shoe line is completely drool worthy, and it’s also completely sustainable. The brand was “born from the belief that shoes should be beautiful on your feet, soft on your step and gentle on the environment. Because you should never have to choose between what looks good, what feels good and what is good for you and for the earth.”
The current Fall collection includes “Origami Rose,” “Tailored Temptation,” “Beautiful Bows,” “Super Soft Suedes,” “Rugged Resource” and “Kimono Knot,” each collection a comfortable and trendy take on what’s hot.
Naya’s sustainable points:
- Vegetable-tanned leathers and linings
- Natural or recycled content fabrics
- Water-based cements
- Footbeds containing natural cork
- Outsoles containing natural materials
- Boxes made with 80 percent recycled paper pulp, soy-based inks and water-based glue
- Reusable shoe bags and shoe forms made with recycled PET
Naya means “renewal,” and the only thing they’ve asked in return for giving a lucky EcoSalon winner a $285 Naya gift card towards the purchase of one pair of shoes or boots is that they make a comment on renewing as it pertains to some aspect of their lives.
So leave an inspiring little comment below relating to the theme because if you don’t stick to the rules on this one, you don’t qualify.
(Legalese: contest rules and FTC compliance.)