Looking to add some rustic home decor touches to your space? Look no further than these simple DIY ideas for adding rustic textures to your living spaces.
Rustic home decor is as simple as adding textures like wood, linen, burlap and more to your home. Here are some great ideas to help make that happen. Some are easier than others; all are worthwhile!
15 Rustic Home Decor Ideas to Add Texture to Your Space
- Adding Vintage Fabrics – Use vintage fabrics like pillow ticking, quilt remnants, and homespun in DIY projects to add rustic texture to your spaces.
- Butcher Paper Grocery List DIY – This project for making a butcher paper hanging to-do list is about adding both form and function.
- DIY Rustic Magnetic Board – Add some industrial rustic texture by making a steel magnetic board with this project how-to.
- Stump Table Tutorial – If you, or someone you know, is having a tree cut down, that’s the perfect opportunity to DIY your own rustic home decor stump table.
- DIY Pallet Walkway – And rustic textures aren’t just for indoors. Use a pallet to create a practical and attractive rustic walkway.
- How to Distress Wood – Want to get that distressed look for your wood projects. Here is a useful how-to.
- Hemp Twine Lanterns – Sometimes you can add texture through simple additions like with this project for twine lantern balls.
- Milk Crate Ottoman – Ever come across old milk crates at estate sales and in antique shops? Turn one into a practical ottoman with this tutorial
- Birch Wood Candle Holders – Let there be light. Here’s a clever idea for making birch branch tea light holders.
- Initial Stick Letter Wall Art – This is a project to add some rustic texture that is simple enough to do with the kids.
- No-Sew Cotton Tea Towel Tutorial – Those striped cotton tea towels from Ikea that everyone seems to have would be great for this no-sew project.
- Burlap Ruffled Valance – Add some texture with a sweet burlap window valance.
- How to Age Wood – According to this how-to tea, steel wool and vinegar are all the tools need to age wood for your repurposing projects.
- Twine-Wrapped Cabinet Hardware – Just about one of the simplest ways to add rustic texture to your kitchen.
- DIY Pallet Frame – Make your own wood frames from old pallets.
Related on EcoSalon