Get crafty with craft kits and avoid the expense and hassle that comes from investing in a craft only to find out you don’t like it.
I’m crafty as the next person, which means I dabble a little in various crafts, but I’m not serious about any of them. I enjoy spending quiet time creating something and having something to show afterwards, but I just don’t have the discipline or the time to devote to learning a craft well enough to become accomplished at it. Short crafty chunks of time are ideal for my attention span–like when I’m waiting in the doctor’s office, when watching a movie on the couch or spending a peaceful afternoon.
If you, like me, are crafty but want to get in out and quick, consider purchasing craft kits instead of starting your own projects from scratch. Craft kits are great because you get everything that you need at once time, without multiple trips to the craft store, and they allow you to try new crafts without having to invest a lot of money initially.
Sounds like fun, right? Then jump right in with one of these fun craft kits!
1. Owl Kit – Here’s a cute, simple sewing project that’s great for beginner’s and children. From bespoke fabric, a sewing kit and instructions this kit contains everything you will need to make 3 adorable stuffed owls.
2. Ultimate embroidery Kit – From embroidery queen, Jenny Hart, this kit contains everything you need to get started with embroidery, including the floss, hoop, patterns and more. Choose from 5 different fun patterns and combos.
3. Fuzzy Sheep Needle Felting Kit – Get started with needle felted with this adorable kit. Needle felting is the process of felting one piece of wool to another using barbed needles. It’s possible to make sculptural felted objects using this process.
4. Learn to Knit Kit – Purl Soho has put together a basic learn to knit kit for newbie knitters? Every wanted to be able to spend your winters knitting blankets and throws, it’s starts with the first stitch.
5. Letterpress Paper House Kit – This kit is a super, easy way to get initiated into the art of paper crafts.
6. Kitten Toy – Make this adorable felt kitten toy with this kit.
7. Rabbit Rug Hook Kit – Everything you need to make your own hooked rug.
Related on EcoSalon
5 DIY Craft Skills to Learn This Summer
DIY: Printmaking With Rolling Pins
10 Ridiculously Easy Repurposing Ideas for Old Tee Shirts
Top Image: Hey Paul Studios