Add one of the brightest 2014 color trends to your home by incorporating pops of yellow.
Traditionally, yellow has not been a popular color to decorate with in U.S. homes–it has been more of a common color in European homes. In U.S. homes, when yellow has been used in decor, it is more often used for bathrooms, in the kitchen or for children’s rooms. Yellow has been one of the hottest 2014 color trends though and it can be found popping up all over.
One of the best ways to experiment with 2014 color trends, rather than committing wholly, is to add pops of color. That way you can try out a trend without having to completely redo your decor. In addition, it’s a way to add visual interest and color without overwhelming your decor.
Need some ideas on unexpected ways to add pops of yellow? Read on to learn how to incorporate one of the hottest 2014 color trends.
2014 Color Trends: How to Add Pops of Yellow
- Make an Entrance – Don’t be afraid to go bold by painting your front door a bright yellow. It’s dramatic, but inviting. You can also add pops of yellow in the entrance way by adding a painted yellow bench or painting your coat closet door.
- Accent Wall – Whether with paint or wallpaper, one of designers favorite tricks is to add a color accent wall. It’s a way to add color without overwhelming the room.
- Pile on the Pillows – Not ready to commit to painting or wallpapering? Consider adding pops of yellow with throw pillows. It’s a pretty instant way to add color without a lot of time or effort. You can purchase ready made pillows or make DIY ones yourself.
- Sit on It – If you are ready to commit long term to yellow, then one of the most fabulous ways to do that is with a yellow sofa. Adding a color sofa is fun way to add color and personality to your home decor.
- Wall Art – Another clever idea for adding color is with wall art. Whether with photographs, prints, or DIY or repurposed projects, wall art is a fun way to add color.
- Paint It Up – Painted furniture is a great way to not only add color, but to revive an old piece that needs a little loving attention. Paint a dresser to add yellow to the bedroom or a sideboard to jazz up the dining room.
Related on EcoSalon
Top Image: StefCollections