Do you have a few pints of berries leftover from the farmer’s market? Maybe you went berry picking recently and you have more berries leftover than you could ever dream of using. No worries, this berry crisp recipe will use them right up.
Crisps or crumbles, which ever name you prefer, are an excellent way to put summer berries to work. They’re simple, colorful, and loaded with flavor. For those of us, myself included, who aren’t natural bakers, crisps are the ideal dessert.
Use whatever berries you have on hand. If you want to reduce the sugar content, feel free. Make this recipe your own. Don’t stress about perfection, just throw what you have together in your summer berry crisp recipe. It’s also a great addition to a summer picnic or dinner party.
Triple Berry Crisp Recipe
1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
4 tbsp. sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. At the same time, in a large bowl, gently combine blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
4. Cover with berry and sugar mixture. And bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and golden brown.
5. Top with a scoop of organic vanilla ice cream or a dollop of homemade whip cream and you’re all set.
Recipe: All Recipes
Related on EcoSalon