Celebrate spring and show off your crafty side with these clever DIY wreath ideas.
No matter whether you live in Florida or Maine, spring has sprung! The first day of spring has come and gone and, while it still may be a little chilly in your neck of the woods, it is beyond time to display your spring front door wreath. And if you don’t have one already, we have some wonderfully simple DIY wreath ideas that are perfectly plucky enough for spring.
6 Sensational Spring DIY Wreath Ideas
1.Yarn-Wrapped DIY Wreath – Turn that yarn stash into a work of art without all the fuss and bother of actually having to knit something. Instead, wrap those perfect spring-themed yarns around one of those foam wreath rings. Decorate with felt butterflies, flowers, and other accoutrements.
2. No-Sew Fabric Wreath – Old sheets, curtains, shirts, and skirts can be repurposed into an easy no sew fabric wreath. Simply cut up your textiles and tie them onto a metal wreath form for an easy DIY wreath project. The fabric scraps will look like willowy flower petals. Here’s a link to a tutorial.
3. Burlap Wreath – Burlap can be used to make a simple background on which to affix faux flowers and other spring-themed additions. As in the previous suggestion, simply use a metal wreath form and burlap ribbon to make your base. See a handy how-to here.
4. Cupcake Liner Wreath – Do you have unused cupcakes liners from parties past in your cupboards? Turn them into a fabulous DIY wreath. It is seriously simple to do. If you can cut and pin, you can complete this project. Tie on a little ribbon to finish the look. You can find the nitty gritty details here.
5. Ribbon Wreath – This is another ridiculously easy project for us lazy crafty peeps. Wrap a foam wreath with ribbon. That’s it. You’re done. Maybe add some other embellishments if you are feeling like a little more work.
6. Basket Wreath – We love this idea from photo stylist Karin Lidbeck-Brent for a basket wreath. It calls for using a small vegetable basket like farmers use at the farmers market into a basket wreath. Follow the easy inspiration here.
Related on EcoSalon
7 DIY Autumn Wreaths to Celebrate the Season
6 Pro Tips to Make Fresh Cut Flowers Last Longer
10 (Almost) Instantly Gratifying Outdoor DIY Projects to Try for Spring