Decorate like an art boss with these screen prints for your home.
Do you love typography, illustration, and the resurgence of DIY and folk art spurred on by the rise of both virtual and physical markets celebrating the independent art and craft movement? Of course, you do. Do you love clever design and have a unique sense of beauty? Yes? Are you in need of some lovely art for your home? Did you answer “yes, yes, and yes?” Then read on, my friend, to find some lovely screen prints to decorate your space.
Screen printing is nothing more than a low-tech printing technique. It allows artists to make multiple prints from one piece of artwork and to do so in a very affordable way. This means it’s possible to find amazingly clever prints at prices that are approachable for your average art lover. There’s no art auction house or fancy schmancy art gallery involved– just you and an artist making an art transaction.
Whether your tastes run more to the illustrative, graphical, urban, or twee range, there’s a screen print out there for you. Here are some of our recent favorite screen printed finds.
7 Fantastic Screen Prints for Your Space
1. Earth Print – We are in love with the bold and simple designs from Brainstorm Print & Design. This Earth print is part of the Earth Science collection that includes Earth, Ocean, Space, and Atmosphere. Buy one, or buy them all. Each print is made with five colors and is signed and stamped.
2. Gemini Screen Print – Gemini is part of the limited edition five-color silkscreen collection featuring all the astrological signs and by artist and screen-printer Daria Tessler. Her work is so layered and delicate that it’s actually difficult to believe that they are screen-printed!
3. Bird 3 – This beauty would look great in your space. It’s printed using four inks, including metallic gold and silver. From the super talented Nate Duval, it was printed in limited edition run of just 50 posters.
4. Sanctuary Silkscreen Screen Print Poster -Doug Ross depicts the species that inhabit Santa Cruz with a stylized eye and a modernist touch. His silkscreen prints are hand pulled, and this piece is from a limited edition of 54.
5. No Other Stories Exist Screen Print – Channel your inner wild child with this nature-inspired print from New Antlers Illustration. It is a hand-printed, 5-layer silkscreen printed on beautiful Madero Beach French cover stock. It is from a limited Edition of 50 that have been signed and numbered.
6. Longtime Sunshine Screen Print – The is hand drawn and printed poster features a popular blessing sung during Kundalini yoga. It features three colors of ink– transparent turquoise, yellow, and bright pink–printed on white French Paper card stock and is from a limited edition of 35 prints, signed and numbered. Each print is unique because of the hand made process.
7. Dylan in Seattle Screen Print – Hang a musical legend on your wall–or, at least, a screen print featuring Bob Dylan. This three color silkscreen poster, printed on thick French Paper Company is a must have for Dylan fans. It’s a signed limited edition designed by Concepción Studios.
Related on EcoSalon
17 ( More!) DIY Wall Art Ideas: Make Your Own Dreamcatchers, Mobiles and More
9 Stunning DIY Wall Art Projects That Won’t Break the Bank
17 Inspirational Word Art Prints for Your Home
Image: Norfolk Type Map via boldandnoble