Fab floor pillows you can buy or DIY!
Floor pillows and poufs are in. Okay, they have been in, but I’m slow to catch on. They make perfect alternative seating for informal dinner parties, game nights, patio garden parties, or just kicking back to watch the latest on Netflix. Lots of home decor shops from West Elm, One Kings Lane, IKEA, and many others, are offering up plenty of options to suit your style and budget. There’s also a plethora of DIY pillow tutorials around the Interwebs if you are the type who likes to get your hands crafty.
Back in my day, floor pillows were just for kids. It was my parents way of not feeling so badly about the fact that they got to hog the couch on TV nights. Fast forward to the present day, and floor pillows aren’t just for kids. Many discerning grownups are choosing to get lower to the ground. And I say, why not be more informal? It’s what we all really want anyway.
Whether to have extra “seating” on hand for entertaining, or just for hanging out, choose from this roundup of our favorite floor pillows.
Floor Pillows and Poufs to Buy
Cowhide Pouf from West Elm – This geometric patterned pouf is made in Argentina from patched pieces of cowhide leather using hand-guided sewing machines.
Herringbone Pillow from Wayfair – Here’s another stylish and versatile geometric print pillow to add a bit of pattern.
Corduroy Tufted Pillow from Urban Outfitters – Love this soft corduroy tufted pillow. It comes in four different colorways and stacks perfectly for storage.
Black and Pink Pouf from World Market – This is embroidered vibrant pouf in black and pink is a pretty and exotic choice.
Moroccan Style from One Kings Lane – Choose this Moroccan-style floor pillow to recreate the form and function of the Moroccan floor pillows.
Floor Pillows and Poufs to DIY
- Giant Chevron Pillows – Bring color and pattern into your living room by making your own brightly-colored chevron floor pillows.
- DIY Floor Cushions – Turn two bed pillows into an easy to make and inexpensive floor cushion with this project.
- Quilted Floor Cushions – If you like a more traditional look, consider making your own gusseted and quilted floor cushions.
- Jelly Roll Cushion – This floor pillow project for a jelly roll cushion involves a little more advanced sewing skills than the other projects.
- Floor Pillow Pouf – Finally, make your own pouf, which can double as a ottoman.
Related on EcoSalon
Image: Colorful Pillows via Shutterstock