ColumnThe classic white shirt gets a chic and sustainable spin this season as the shirtdress.
Tailored shirts have transformed and paved their way through decades of nuances in fashions and trends, only to emerge as one of the most iconic garments of the past century. This season the classic and crisp tailored shirt has transformed itself into a satisfyingly sleek and sexy dress that is effortlessly stylish and incredibly comfortable. Here are five stunning shirtdress looks for the season.
1. Maxi Shirt Dress in Organic Cotton by Outsider Pictured above, this simple, elegant and romantic dress is perfect for late spring and early summer days. We love the asymmetrical circular shape of the hem, making it ideal for your new pair of summer wedges or heels. Cinch the waist with a matching belt and you’re set to go! Outsider, $203
2. Brea Dress by Amour Vert Fun and breezy, this 100 percent silk dress is the perfect summertime garb for daytime strolling and evening lounging alike. The nautical color combination is fresh and the A-line cut is easy to pair with flats or heels. Amour Vert, $168
3. Orla Kiely Shirt Dress by People Tree Hop on to this trend with s splash of color and a bustling pattern with this casual yet classy shirt dress from People Tree. Made entirely from soft, organic cotton, the print on this dress artfully presents designer Orla Kiely’s “silhouette of dancing girls inspired by the fuchsia flower”. Perfect for summertime office wear! People Tree, $152
4. Curved Front Button Fastening Dress by Miopo Made from a super soft and lightweight silk and organic cotton jersey blend, this dress is almost more comfortable than your PJ’s. We love the quirky and deconstructed shirt design and would definitely pair it with some sky high nude platforms. Miopo, $260
5. Avventura Shirt Dress by Feral Childe We love the edgier feel of this hand crafted, made in USA shirt dress. Made from sustainable Tencel fabric and designed for a timeless and effortless look, this dress can be worn on its own, with shorts or leggings. Feral Childe, $239
More On Trend from EcoSalon
The Absolute Best Men’s Eco Fashion Designers: On Trend
‘Normcore’ is the New Style Trend Pissing People Off: On Trend
8 Best Made in America Jeans Brands: OnTrend