Taking a trip to NYC this summer? Lucky enough to live there? One great thing, amongst many, about being in the Big Apple? You get to shop green beauty IRL!
Sure, the Internet has a heaping helping of natural beauty offerings for sale. All at the convenience of your sweet little fingertips.
But there is something about a brick and mortar filled to the brim with organic beauty goodies. I mean what teenage girl (okay, adult girls too) doesn’t love a spin through the local Sephora to peruse the makeup and skincare? And how much better would it be if you knew every product was safe and healthy?
Of course, it is always best to read ingredient listings to make sure a product you plan to buy is free from harmful ingredients. Stores you can trust not only take out the guess work, you get to touch and smell any item you want.
So, while you plan your daily NYC excursions, make time to pick up some green beauty beauties.
6 Best Places to Shop Green Beauty in NYC
1. Credo Beauty: A welcoming urban farmhouse vibe invites you into this Soho shop and spa. Credo carries all the good greens, from Acure Organics to Mun to W3LL People. Find the store at 9 Prince Street. Hours are Mon – Wed 11 am – 7 pm, Thur – Sat 11 am – 8 pm, and Sunday 12 pm – 6 pm.
2. CAP Beauty: This super girly pink shop and spa offers up the natural beauty treats you find on the CAP Beauty website. Pretty displays of big name organic beauty brands, like Tata Harper and May Lindstrom line these shelves. Indulge in bespoke spa treatments with products chosen from the store line up. Found at 238 W 10th Street in the West Village. Hours are Mon – Wed 12 pm – 7 pm, Thur 9 am – 9 pm, Fri – Sat 10 am – 7 pm, and Sun 10 am – 6 pm.
3. OM Aroma & Co.: Located in the West Village, Savor Spa offers skin care, massage, and makeup services with the brand’s signature OM Aroma products. Select your services of choice from a French café style chalkboard menu, then shop for skincare, body care, and soy candles. Located at 327 W 11th Street. Hours are Mon – Fri 12 pm – 9 pm, Sat 10 – 8 pm, and Sun 11 am – 7 pm.
4. Anthropologie: Yes, this clothing and home wares mecca carries a few green beauty options too. Check out Votary, Sunday Riley oils, Artis makeup brushes, Babo, and Cocovit. Shop several locations throughout the city.
5. Urban Outfitters: While you are getting your boho chic on, take a stroll through the beauty department. UO carries Dr. Bronners, Fig + Yarrow, Lotus Wei, S.W. Basics, Schmidt’s, and URSA Major. Shop several locations throughout the city.
6. Birchbox SoHo: Yep, the cult beauty box has a flagship store. Crisp, clean, and inviting, you can pick up such natural brands as Acure Organics, Vapour Organic Beauty, Plant Apothecary, Lulu Organics, One Love Organics, and 100% Pure here. Found at 433 W Broadway. Hours are Mon – Sat 11 am – 8 pm, and Sun 11 am – 6 pm.
Related on EcoSalon:
7 Awesome Thrift Stores in New York City
The 8 Phases of Shopping for Green Beauty Products That Wreak Havoc On Your Emotions
9 Prettiest Green Beauty Instagram Accounts to Follow Now
Image of girl in NYC via Shutterstock