Ever wonder how some women look daisy fresh under the sun, while you seem to wilt? These simple summer beach essentials will keep you looking hot while playing in the surf and sand.
You put effort into getting ready for the beach. The key to getting your look to last is some smart planning and using summer worthy products.
Prep items, melt resistant makeup, skin fresheners, and sun protection are musts. They’ll make your day at the beach seem like, well you know…
7 Beach Essentials for Your Beauty Kit
1. Best SPF: Let’s start at the top. Safe and effective sunscreen is an absolute must when spending time in the sun. And when at the beach, make sure it is reef safe. Remember to reapply every two hours, or if you’ve been sweating or swimming, whichever comes first.
2. Skin refresher: Hydrate and revitalize overheated and dry skin with micellar water. Tiny beads of oil make sure skin isn’t parched once you return from fun in the sun.
3. Smooth Operator: Before heading out into the sun, give skin a thorough sloughing. Also key to a smooth application of self tanner.
4. Ingrown hair treatment: Sleek, hair-free skin is a no-brainer for beach season. If you are still experiencing ingrown hairs on bikini line even with the best shaving technique, try applying a dab of soothing balm post shave to ward off those little buggers before they become a problem.
5. Lip color with protection: Lips get sunburned too. Choose a safe lip sunscreen to protect your pucker. Want color with your UV protection? Ilia Beauty has two delicious hues.
6. Body refresher: Natural deodorants are good for keeping odor at bay. But no deodorant can last through a full day of 90-degree temps, swimming, and sweating. Refresh your bod with a spritz of this body mist made with aloe, dead sea salt, jasmine, and peppermint.
7. Perfect polish: What do you need to complete your look other than a pretty hat and maybe a new pair of shades? Perfectly polished tootsies. This shade ought to do nicely.
*Disclaimer: Help support EcoSalon! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Related on EcoSalon
Image of girls at beach via Shutterstock